Friday, October 03, 2008

Layla's Birthday Cake

It's her first birthday today!! Can't believe a year has gone by! We will have a small celebration tomorrow with hubby's parents and brother's family. I made the cake this afternoon and loved the way it turned out. I have one of those Betty Crocker dome cake pans so made use of it. I also put some cake batter in a small bowl that was oven safe to use for the head.

It's a Duncan Hines Classic White cake mix. I used whipped creme frosting for between the layers on the body. The red and black are from those cans of Betty Crocker decorative frosting using the star tip.

3 comments:

wayfarer said...

wow, i can't believe she's a year either! Cake is adorable. :-)

L_Oman said...

Mabrook, little Layla on your first birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Layla. Blessings. Cake is sweet, Cindi... nice job! I bet it tasted as good as it looks.

Ann